Faculty 11: Meditation
"Zeal without knowledge is fire without light." - Thomas Fuller
Aum Eim Saraswatyei Swaha
Cultivate works of beauty and wisdom. (f11)
Aum Eim Saraswatyei Swaha is an 8 -syllable mantra to inspire our creative juices! Often translated as: "Hail to the Goddess of Knowledge who champions the arts!" - this well known elixir sharpens sensibilities and empowers authentic expression. Translated in Sanskrit as the essence (Sara) of self (swa), Saraswatyei Swaha awakens the heart's innate curiosity. Dressed in white with a magical lute, lotus, rosary beads and ancient text held in each of her four arms, Goddess Saraswati reveals beauty and wisdom in every direction. Immerse in the Aum Eim Saraswati Swaha vibrations to expand the brow and tap into a reservoir of deep insight and motivation.
Listen to Aum Eim Saraswatyei Swaha:
Energy Mudra or "Prana Mudra" (also called the Mudra of Life) regulates the flow of life- force in the body. Known to fortify resolve and revitalize momentum, this powerhouse mudra plugs into source. Baby and ring fingers cross over the palm to join with the thumb while the index and middle fingers create a unified channel to nourish our Mind + Body connection.
The Sublime Essence shapes all things. Smooth as silk. Pure as snow. Soft as a rose petal. Supple as a grapevine -- surrender to the soul's longing. Gentle oscillations give rise to openings. Unlock the space above the eyes and cross over to the infinite realm. Emerge from the bud. Ignite the pathway to the promise land.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Place a cushioned mat on the floor with pillows for under the knees and
- head. If available, play some soothing reiki chants.
- Ly down on the mat and get very comfortable. Place the right hand on the brow and the left hand on the heart.
- Imagine a line of energy between the hands. Each inhale see and feel this line lengthen on the vertical axis. Each exhale feel this line contract on the vertical axis.
- Each Inhale, expand the brow. Each exhale, soften the jaw.
- When the timer buzzes, bring knees to chest, roll up to seated, take Energy Mudra and observe the echo for the 10 breaths.
- Release Energy Mudra.. Take a deep breath in and then sigh.